?

Log in

[private to students] Damn it...it's not like I'm not going to enter… - Lily Evans

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

September 29th, 2003


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
12:11 am
[private to students]

Damn it...it's not like I'm not going to enter that potions contest, because I never pass up extra credit, nor a chance to get house points. But it had to be potions, didn't it? It couldn't have been charms, or transfiguration, or even arithmancy. Potions. Brilliant.

Well, at least I have a month.
Current Mood: annoyedannoyed

(12 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:morsmorde_sev
Date:September 28th, 2003 04:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Ms Evans]

Actually Ms. Evans, you are more than adequate with potions.

S. Snape

[User Picture]
From:miss_evans
Date:September 29th, 2003 01:37 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Mr Snape]

What would make you say that? It's my worst class.

Lily

[User Picture]
From:morsmorde_sev
Date:September 29th, 2003 02:09 am (UTC)
(Link)
Only because you become distracted far too easily whith the goings on around you. I have seen the way you work on your potions, your technique is adequate as are your calculations.

You simply need to learn concentration, and your work could be far above average. Working alone on this project may help you.

S. Snape
[User Picture]
From:remusmoonylupin
Date:September 28th, 2003 05:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Lily]

Oh Lily, I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm entering, too, so at least Gryffindor will have two chances to win.

[/Private]
[User Picture]
From:miss_evans
Date:September 29th, 2003 01:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Remus]

Glad to hear that I won't be suffering alone. I hope some more Gryffs will follow our good examples, because, you know, that comes with the prefect territory.

Do you think perhaps I've taken too much of our training to heart? *winks*

[/private]

[User Picture]
From:remusmoonylupin
Date:September 29th, 2003 04:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Lily]

It's a pity we can't work together. It seems so contrary to general Gyrffindorness not to be giving each other a hand, doesn't it?

[/Private]
[User Picture]
From:miss_evans
Date:September 29th, 2003 06:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Remus]

Yes, it is a pity. However, Snape seems to think that I'll benefit greatly from working alone. Do you think that's a bit odd of him to write me?

[/Private]

[User Picture]
From:remusmoonylupin
Date:September 29th, 2003 07:23 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Lily]

Well, Potions is his area of expertise, afterall. What did he say, exactly?

[/Private]
[User Picture]
From:miss_evans
Date:September 29th, 2003 07:33 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Remus]

He basically said that I'm "more than adequate" with potions, and that I do everything right, I just get distracted by other people. Potions may be his area of expertise, but he seems to be suggesting that my problem lies in a more, ahem, social arena. And to the best of my knowledge, that's not exactly his area of expertise.

[/Private]
[User Picture]
From:remusmoonylupin
Date:September 29th, 2003 08:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Lily]

Suggesting that someone could improve their academic performance through increased concentration is hardly reason to cast aspersions on their social skills, Lily. I'm rather surprised at you.

[/Private]
[User Picture]
From:miss_evans
Date:September 29th, 2003 09:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Remus]

You make it sound so much more hostile than it was. Though I'm not cruel to Snape like James and Sirius are, I'm not particularly fond of him, either, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with stating the obvious: he's not a popular guy. I'm not saying that he said anything wrong, I'm just saying that it seemed odd that he'd say anything to me at all. And while you suggested it was because he's good at potions, I'm merely pointing out that his advice had nothing much to do with potions themselves. So there! ;p

[/Private]
[User Picture]
From:remusmoonylupin
Date:September 29th, 2003 09:20 am (UTC)
(Link)
[Private to Lily]

You're right, Lily. I'm sorry. I've got a lot of... personal issues going on that I'm probably projecting all over the place.

Let's just say that I've found Severus' Snape's advice on how to improve in Potions to be invaluable.

[/Private]

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com